Simon & Gilman, LLP Serving Queens and NY Metro area for over 35 years
Free Consultation 718-267-8542718-459-6200 SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

February 2014 Archives

Can I Move the Children Out of State?

Divorce is never easy for anyone involved, including minor children if there are any. Making matters more difficult is the fact that unlike most other types of litigation, the issues supposedly resolved in a divorce can continue to be issues for years after the divorce decree is entered. Custody and visitation with minor children, for example, is frequently revisited long after a divorce decree is entered. If you have physical custody of your children in the State of New York and wish to move out of state, you may be wondering " Can I move the children out of state? " Unfortunately, there is no simple "one size fits all" answer to that question because the answer depends on a number of factors.