Recovery After Catastrophic Bicycle Injuries
New Yorkers share our roads with many types of motor vehicles, and with human-powered devices such as bicycles. When there is a bike-car collision, the bike rider is put at high risk for a catastrophic injury. They are protected by little more than a helmet, padding at the elbows and knees, and heavy clothing. In most situations, much of this protection is optional. As a result, serious injuries such as brain damage, torn ligaments or paralysis are possible.
If you or a loved one was injured in a vehicle collision while riding a bike, it is possible to obtain the funds you need to fully recover from a bicycle injury. At Simon & Gilman, LLP, our bike accident attorneys have more than 90 years of combined legal experience. With our collective insight and legal knowledge, we are prepared to handle complex personal injury cases involving catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries or paralysis.
Common Car-Bike Accident Scenarios
Car and bike accidents can occur in many different situations, including:
- Cars failing to yield at an intersection
- Cars entering a roadway from a driveway, parking lot, parking garage or street parking, and failing to see a cyclist
- Cars turning without taking note of a cyclist
- Cars passing other vehicles or passing a cyclist without leaving enough clearance
Our legal team excels at examining all the circumstances surrounding your accident and calculating a settlement or award that will help you pay all your post-accident expenses, including:
- Lost income or wages
- Surgeries and rehabilitation costs
- Ongoing medical or home care costs
- Vocational rehabilitation costs if your accident makes it impossible to continue in your line of work
Let Us Evaluate Your Bike Accident Case
Our firm is prepared to represent clients in Queens and communities throughout New York that have suffered serious injuries following a bicycle accident. We offer free consultations for personal injury cases and encourage you to call us at 800-672-4029 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Se habla español.