Recover Just Compensation After A Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents stand out from other motor vehicle accidents in several key ways:
- No-fault insurance coverage does not apply for motorcycles in New York.
- Serious and catastrophic injuries are common, as riders are fully exposed with no car bodies to protect them in a crash.
- Police, insurance claims adjusters, judges and juries may harbor a bias against motorcyclists, even when an accident was clearly the fault of another motorist.
- Drivers of other vehicles often claim they did not see motorcyclists before striking them.
- Potholes and other road defects are extra-hazardous for bikers.
With some or all of these challenges associated with motorcycle accidents, your need for an experienced attorney on your side is clear. If a driver of another vehicle was at fault, you have the right to bring a lawsuit. You need a true ally on your side with the skills that a personal injury lawyer has to offer. Your legal counsel should respect the rights of motorcyclists in traffic. They should be adept at persuading claims adjusters, judges and juries to compensate the injured based on the merits of a case, without prejudice.
The Long Road Ahead
If your injuries were serious, healing and rehabilitation are likely to take a long time. Your doctors may not know for some time what your condition will be once you reach maximum recovery after suffering:
- Broken bones
- A spine injury
- A back, neck or shoulder injury
- An amputation
- Road rash (serious skin injuries)
- A traumatic brain injury (TBI), also called a head injury
Even with steady improvement, you may deal with difficulties such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), lingering pain disorders like Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), pain management and medication complications and secondary infections. As you heal, it is crucial for you to follow doctors’ recommendations. Your cooperation in therapy may make a large difference in your overall medical and legal outcome. Having an experienced lawyer on your side can also give you peace of mind. You can focus on healing, knowing that all legal avenues will be pursued toward a favorable outcome.
Look For A Small Law Firm With A Track Record Of Large Firm Results
Communication and collaboration with your lawyer are much more comfortable when you work with a smaller law firm. Simon & Gilman, LLP, addresses people by name and stays closely in touch with injured clients and their families. Schedule a free initial consultation at our law offices or at your home or hospital after a motorcycle accident or any motor vehicle accident by calling 800-672-4029 or completing our online intake form.